Information We Collect and How We Use It
You may choose to provide us with personal information when you visit our Site. For example, if you decide to complete an online survey, complete a user registration form, you may be asked to provide certain information such as your contact information (name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number). We will also need to know your billing address, credit card number and expiration date. To protect your personal information, users registering at the Site must also enter a user name/e-mail address and password.
If you would prefer that we not collect any personal information from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
Use of Personal Information by JPPC.net
- Marketing E-mails – If you so elect, the information you provide may be used by JPPC.net to create and deliver to you e-mails such as our newsletters, surveys or other e-mail messages containing product and event information (“E-mails“). If you do elect to receive them and later decide that you would no longer like to receive these E-mails, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to unsubscribe.
- Communications to Serve You – If you have elected to provide us with your contact information, we may provide you with service related announcements by e-mail, or direct mail, concerning the Site or contact you regarding your customer service requests or questions or your order. For example, all registered users will receive a welcoming E-mail to confirm their registration. These types of communications are necessary to serve you, respond to your concerns and to provide the high level of customer service that JPPC.net offers its customers.
- Contest Co-Sponsors – If you enter any contest, sweepstakes or other promotion that we make available on the Site, we may share the information that you submit to us with the co-sponsor(s) of the contest, sweepstakes or promotion. We will identify any co-sponsor(s) in the official rules for the promotion.
Technologies That Allow Us to Customize Your Experience on Our Site
We use various technologies to collect information about your visit to our Site and to enhance and customize your experience on our Site. For example, we may collect the numerical Internet Protocol (IP) address identifying your computer or device which may indicate your geographic location. In some instances, we may use these technologies in combination with the personal information you provide on the Site. These technologies may provide a variety of information such as whether you have visited our Site before. They also may enable you to save your preferences. Each technology is explained below.
- Web Beacons and Tracking Links – Web beacons (also called clear gifs and pixel tags), tracking links and/or similar technology consist of a few lines of code and are embedded on the pages of our Site. They are often used in combination with cookies and are often not visible to the user of the Site. Web beacons may relay information to third parties such as our service providers and may be used in order to track customer response to certain advertising, to better target interactive advertising and to enhance customer support and usability. If you reject our cookies (see “Cookies” section below), you will prevent Web beacons from relaying this information about you and may limit your use of some of our Site features.
- Cookies – The Site uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of a cookie is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to JPPC.net, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the JPPC.net features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the JPPC.net services or web sites you visit.
- Mobile Applications and Location-Based Information – We may have the ability to use your geographic location to deliver content, services, and advertising tailored to you location. If you choose to enable our service to use your location information, then that information will be stored and used to deliver content, services and advertising tailored to your location. Also, when you use a mobile device or browser to access our service, then your device and/or your browser may automatically collect and/or transmit your device’s unique identifier, IP address, location information, device make/model, wireless provider, and related information to us and our Service Providers. We and our Service Providers may use this information to deliver content, services, and advertising tailored to your location.
Information We Share and With Whom We Share It
We will not provide your personal information to third parties for their use in marketing their products or services to you without your consent, except as described below. In addition, we do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our Site visitors except as described here.
In addition, in some instances, you may be offered the opportunity to consent to the sharing of your information with a third party such as an event or promotion co-sponsor. If you consent, we will share your information with such third party and the information you provide may be used by such third party for their own purposes and in accordance with their own policies.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use non-identifying information (not including your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Compliance With Law and Fraud Protection – We may disclose any information we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. In addition, we may disclose any information when we believe, in our sole discretion, disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity.
JPPC.net does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 years. JPPC.net does not wish to collect information from children under 13 years old. By registering with JPPC.net, the new member certifies that they are not under the age of 13 years. If a user indicates their age as under 13 then their personally identifiable information will automatically be removed from the JPPC.net database and will not be retained.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable safeguards for this Site to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on the site. If you have any questions about security at our Site, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Deactivate or Change Your Status
JPPC.net gives our members the option of deactivating from our service so as not to receive future communications from JPPC.net or any other part of our service, or to change their profile and preferences.
To change your profile and preferences or deactivate your participation in the service, you may:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to unsubscribe.
- Write to John Patrick Publishing, 1707 Fourth Street, Trenton, NJ 08638 attn: Customer Service.
- Call 1-800-333-3166 and speak with your Customer Service Representative.
Note: It may take up to 48 hours for us to process your request and any e-mail communications within the queue prior to your decision to deactivate will still be sent to you by JPPC.net.
We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to our Site is an excellent one and that your privacy is constantly respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com