Church Bulletin Guidelines
The points listed here are very important when preparing your bulletin! Please read them over carefully! You may even want to print this area out and post it by your computer:
- The filename of your bulletin should always begin with the code provided to you by John Patrick Publishing. This code is used to identify your church (examples: 305july23.wpd, 001july30.p65, 030aug20.doc, etc.). Always put your code number at the bottom of each page of your bulletin. This will keep your pages in order when you send them to us.
- Please number all of your bulletin pages, counting the cover as page 1.
- If you have an insert, the deadline is NOON on Friday (10 days before the Sunday bulletin you would like it inserted into). The insert should have the code number, route number, and name of your church at the bottom right hand corner.
- Please proofread your bulletin prior to transmitting it. There is a very short time frame between the time you send it and the time that it is printed. We do not proofread your bulletins.
- Cover changes must be faxed or mailed to the attention of your bulletin editor by Friday, 12 noon (10 days before the Sunday bulletin) in order to be included in the next Sunday’s bulletin. Otherwise, the change(s) will take effect for the following week.
- The margins on your bulletin (left, right, top, and bottom), should always be set at .6 inches. The margins can be larger than .6, but not smaller. These margins are mandatory measurements for the printing press.
All of these rules are very important when it comes to receiving, printing, sending, or delivering your bulletins. So, please try to follow this list as closely as possible. Most of you already follow these rules, and it is greatly appreciated.